EEDI LTD. (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in accordance with applicable legislation. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy applies whether you use our products and services through www.eedi.co.uk or our mobile applications (collectively, the Site). By using the Site, you acknowledge that you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
EEDI LTD. of Unit 4.2.2 The Leather Market, Weston Street, London, England, SE1 3ER, is the data controller.
1. The types and amounts of information collected will vary depending on whether the user is a student, parent/guardian or teacher and how users use the Site.
2. Where we collect information directly from a student under the age of 16, we will also ask for a parent/guardian email address from the student so we can seek verifiable parental/guardian consent to the collection and processing of the student’s personal data. In cases, however, where we collect personal data in respect of students from their teachers or schools, we will rely on the authority of the teachers or schools to provide such data to us and will not seek to obtain separate parental/guardian consent to the collection and processing of such students’ personal data.
3. Information you give us by filling in forms on our Site, using our service or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to and use our service, and you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include information such as:
(A) - in the case of students: first name, last name, e-mail address (optional), gender, date of birth, name and address of school, unique access code provided by their teachers, headshot (optional);
(B) - in the case of teachers: first name, last name, title, e-mail address, website, name and address of school, class year, whether they are a school administrator, headshot (optional); and
(C) - in the case of parents/guardians: first name, last name, title, e-mail address, unique access code provided by their child’s teacher, debit/credit card information.
4. Information we collect automatically when you visit our Site, such as:
(A) - technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect to the Internet from your computer or other electronic device which you use to access our Site, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and/or operating system and platform;
(B) - information about your visit, including [the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
5. Information we receive from other sources, such as information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on our Site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, Wonde (which integrates with school management information systems to provide teacher, student and parent/guardian information), business partners, analytics providers and search information providers).
We will only process information collected from you in a fair and lawful manner. We will not use students’ personal information for our own commercial purposes and we will not send marketing or advertising materials to students. We will use all other information we collect from you in the following ways:
1. Information you give to us
We will use this information:
(A) - to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us (including, but not limited to, processing any payments that you make to us, linking students teachers and parents/guardians, linking answers to students, allowing teachers to see the results of their students, etc.);
(B) - to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about;
(C) - to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which you have previously used or have enquired about if you have consented to this. We will permit selected third parties to use your data only if you have consented to this and such third parties will only contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this. We may, however, share with third parties anonymysed data for research purposes;
(D) - to notify you about changes to our service;
(E) - to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other electronic device which you use to access our Site.
2. Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
(A) - to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
(B) - to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other electronic device which you use to access our Site;
(C) - to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
(D) - as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
(E) - to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
(F) - to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
3. Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
1. We do not sell or rent any of your personal information to any third party for any purpose (including for marketing and advertising purposes).
2. We do not disclose any personal information about students to third parties, except to service providers necessary to provide our services, as required by law, or to protect the security of our services or other users.
3. We will, with your prior written consent, share your personal information (other than personal data relating to students) with selected third parties including:
(A) - business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
(B) - advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
(C) - customer relationship management providers for the purpose of storing and categorising data; and
(D) - analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
4. No teacher, student or parent/guardian profile is made available or visible to the general public through the Site. Student profiles can be seen by their teachers and parents. Teachers may share their profiles and other class and student information with other teachers in the same school. Teachers are also able to provide students with quizzes and receive data insights for those assignments through the Site. As part of this, teachers can see information about a student’s use of the services available through the Site, including their performance on certain quizzes, assignments, and other activities. All student performance data is shared with their teachers and school. Parents/guardians can access information relevant to their child, including quiz responses, performance progress, the names of their child’s class and the name of their child’s teacher.
5. We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
(A) - if we are acquired by or merged with another company or if substantially all of our business or assets are acquired by another company, we may transfer personal data held by us about our customers to such other company; or
(B) - if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
1. All information you provide to us is stored on a secured Azure Cloud SQL database in West Europe.
2. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorised password activity.
3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
1. From 25 May 2018, under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you will have the following rights:
(B) - the right of access (see paragraph 10 below);
(C) - the right to rectification (i.e. if any data we hold is incorrect) and erasure of your data (i.e. the right to be forgotten); the right to restrict processing of your data;
(D) - the right to data portability;
(E) - the right to object to the processing of your data; and
(F) - the right not to be subject to automated decision making including profiling.
Until the GDPR come into effect on 25 May 2018, you will continue to have rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. You can exercise the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your data or ask us to delete your account on our Site at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out in paragraph 12 below. We will keep personal information associated with your account until your account is deleted; we may, however, have to retain some information after your account is closed, to comply with legal obligations or to protect our Site and services.
3. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data, or to pass your details on to third parties, for marketing purposes. In fact, you will see when signing up to our Site that the default option for users is not to receive marketing or promotional material from us – you can of course choose to change that. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the relevant box situated on the form we use to collect your personal data. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
4. Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We encourage you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you for free. You may request further details of the information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details set out in paragraph 12 below. Unless we deem your request to be manifestly unfounded or excessive we will comply with your request within one month of the date of your application. If we do refuse your request we will let you know why and to whom you can complain if you wish to challenge our decision.
©2018 All Rights Reserved. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Privacy and Terms